TUMBLEWEEDS AND OTHER HISTORIES
JUNE 5, 2010 - JUNE 26, 2010
INGRID VON SYDOW
MEGHANN MCCRORY "Partial Map or You Can't Get There But You Can Get Close"
1. a valueless plant growing wild, esp. one that grows on cultivated ground to the exclusion or injury of the desired crop.
2. any undesirable or troublesome plant, esp. one that grows profusely where it is not wanted: The vacant lot was covered with weeds.
3. Informal. a cigarette or cigar.
4. Slang. a marijuana cigarette.
5. a thin, ungainly person or animal.
6. a wretched or useless animal, esp. a horse unfit for racing or breeding purposes.
any of various plants whose branching upper parts become detached from the roots and are driven about by the wind.
1885–90, Americanism; tumble + weed
Five Thirty Three is pleased to present Tumbleweeds and Other Histories, a group exhibition exploring the weeds of a historic landscape.
DOCUMENTATION: Wild Don Lewis